What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information (code) that are stored on a computer by a website visited to enable certain functions to be performed on the website and regulate its content to preference. They can store data on pages that provide key information, for example, when a password is provided by the visitor, but only once they accept for the storage of this information to be held. This allows the provision of a good quality experience whilst visiting our site. Cookies are not used to determine the personal identity of anyone merely browsing the site.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can be classified by their lifespan and the website to which cookies belong.
The lifespan of Cookies are either:
Session Cookies. – These are temporary and deleted once the user closes their web browsers.
Persistent Cookies. – These may stay on a computer for a long time after the session has ended.
Website cookies are either:
First-party Cookies. – These belong to the website being browsed, e.g. cookies used to identify a visitor upon login.
Third-party Cookies. – These belong to an alternative website, to the website being visited, e.g. advertising tracking cookies.
TradeOr uses the following Cookies:
Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how they navigate around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the user experience through website navigation, to ensure that what is being searched for, is found, as easily as possible.
Functionality cookies are used to recognize users upon return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content, greet visitors by name and remember preferences. Our aim is to constantly improve the user experience. Targeting and/or advertising cookies record visits to our website, the pages visited and the links followed by visitors. We use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
These cookies are used by third parties, mostly by social media websites like Facebook, or YouTube. Third-Party cookies allow us to offer easy ways to share our content throughout social media and present visitors with our latest content to enjoy.
|Title||Type of Cookie||Expiry||Purpose|
|_ga||Analytical / Performance||3 years||This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the site analytics reports.|
|_gid||Analytical / Performance||24 hours||This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the site analytics reports.|
|1P_JAR||Third-Party||1 month||These cookies are set via embedded YouTube-videos. They register anonymous statistical data, for example on how many times the video is displayed and what settings are used for playback.|
|Consent||Third-Party||20 years and 1 month||These cookies are set via embedded YouTube-videos. They register anonymous statistical data on for example how many times the video is displayed and what settings are used for playback.|
At TradeOr, we respect your right to privacy and are therefore happy to provide you with tools to manage the cookies you receive from our web services.
Blocking cookies may be done through the browser’s settings. Deletion of cookies already existing on your computer is possible, and the browser can be set to prevent them from being placed going forward. The browser’s help menu provides further information. It must also be noted that disabling cookies may adversely affect user experience whilst on the site.
For more information on how to manage cookie settings in respect of third-party cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please contact TradeOr for any questions regarding the above content.
For the purposes of data protection law, the controller tradeor.com (the “Website”) is a trading name of TradeOr (“we”, “us”, “our”, or ” TradeOr”).
The Policy also applies to personal data about each authorized representative of a client and about other persons or entities collected while providing our services (such as directors of corporate account clients).
This Policy explains how we may process your information. This Policy may be changed, amended, or updated from time to time, so please check the Policy regularly for any updates.
The information we collect from you
We collect and process the following personal data about you, and this kind of information is received as: information which you provide, information we collect about you, and information we receive from other sources.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about
you which we have grouped together follows:
Personal identity details – includes an individual’s first name, last name, marital status, date of birth, username, etc…,
Contact data – email address, residential address, telephone number and mobile phone number,
Profile data – includes username and information captured in respect of accessing our functionalities and services – including but not limited to: deposits, internal transfers, withdrawals, trades done on our Trading platform through the website, feedback you have provided etc…,
Usage data – includes information how our products and services and website are utilised,
Marketing data – includes preferences in receiving marketing communication preferences from us or our third parties,
Views, opinions, blogs, etc… – view, opinions, blogs, and any other content posted on our website and any related publicly posted forums and social media,
Consent records – record of any consents given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g. the subject matter of the consent).
The provision of some of our services may also require us to store some personal information. We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is necessary.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where it becomes necessary to process any Personal Data under GDPR, we would rely on one the following legal basis:
- Where we have obtained your express consent,
- Where processing of personal information is permitted or required by applicable law,
- Where processing of personal information is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime and fraud,
- Where the processing of personal information is necessary for the exercise or defense of legal rights.
Collection and creation of information
This is done when:
- information is received directly from you (e.g. email, chat or by contacting us),
- information you make public (e.g. on public posts, forums, or social media),
- when you register for any service offered,
- when you register/ apply for an Account on our website, or when you download, install, or use any of our services offered,
- when you interact with any third-party service or content, or any advertising on our website,
- we may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with our website,
We are not responsible for any personal information you make public on forums, social media, or any public parts of our website.
this policy does not cover the practices of third parties who may provide information about you to www.tradeor.com.
If documents not required and not requested are received by us, we will ensure to only keep any information which we are entitled to hold because of the functionalities and services we provide to you.
There might be cases where the information required, albeit extra, is combined with other information that we are entitled to hold, then you acknowledge and agree that this said information may be held by us in the same way and with the same care given to the rest of your personal information provided.
Purposes for which we use your personal information
We may use your personal information:
- verifying your identity when required
- to provide you with the information about functionalities and services we feel may interest you, if you have ticked the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, indicating your consent to receiving marketing material from us,
- to administer our site under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes,
- to carry out our obligations owed to you,
- to monitor and improve the performance of our Website and services,
- to respond to any enquiry you have made,
- to monitor any content you post,
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so,
- administer transactions including deposit, withdrawals, internal transfers, chargebacks, and payments,
- monitor trading activity on TradeOr, including but not limited to detecting inconsistencies in payments and trades and looking out for potentially illegal activities,
- determine whether a payment method is being abused,
- to prevent fraud and defend our legal rights, and as more fully detailed, below,
- conducting surveys,
- ensuring the security of our systems,
- managing our information technology systems,
- as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our site safe and secure,
- conducting investigations where necessary,
- to continue improving our services,
- to investigate and prevent breaches of policy, and criminal offences, in accordance with regulations and the law,
- exercising and defending legal rights,
- subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to release information concerning any user when there are grounds to believe that the user is in violation of the Terms & Conditions and other Policies, or has engaged in criminal or illegal activity. Also, to release such information as required and ordered by a regulatory body, court or government orders or entities,
- novate, transfer to assign any of the rights or liabilities of TradeOr.
The personal data collected from you is also used as follows:
- allows you to maintain your account
- allows you to log into TradeOr
- allows you to contact us in respect of your account and services that TradeOr offer. In the same way, it allows TradeOr to contact you.
When you contact us
There are various means of communication that can be utilised to contact us. If you contact us by telephone, email, post or use another function offered by TradeOr, such as the chat feature, we will collect any information about the communication and any additional information that you choose to give us.
We use this information to review, investigate and respond to any comment or question that you may raise. Please note that we record and retain all telephone calls and other communication with us and may use it in our dealings with you including any dispute resolution or legal proceedings.
When a TradeOr account holder invites you to set-up an account with TradeOr
TradeOr account holders can invite their contacts to register up for an account with us. We only collect the email addresses of individuals that those account holders choose to invite to join TradeOr, and TradeOr only uses the email addresses for sending an invitation to the individual at the request of the TradeOr account holder.
Improving our services
So that we can continually improve our Website and services, we may use your data to perform statistical analysis to help understand how people are using our services. On occasions, we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Website. Unless otherwise stated, this information is only used internally and will not be published on the Website.
Research, analysis, and advertising
We may use your data to perform research and analysis to better understand the geographic coverage and use of our functionalities and services. Some of the results of this research may appear in articles and features on our Website and other media but it will not include your personal information in any such results and we will not disclose any user’s email address or any level of personal information that would enable any third party to contact or identify a particular individual.
Informing you of special offers and services which may be of interest when you register with us.
We would like to keep you updated, by email or text, of other products and services which we feel you may benefit from or which you have specifically indicated that you have an interest in through our registration process.
We engage a third-party email technology partner to help us coordinate and manage our email newsletters. They may process and store your personal information on our behalf in their systems subject to strict compliance with the international data protection laws and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). They will not contact you directly or share your personal information with any third parties.
We may obtain additional personal information from third parties to enable us to improve the relevance of our communications to you.
We may use your email address to identify you, if you, for example, are a registered Facebook user and then show you interesting, relevant ads through Facebook.
You can stop receiving these ads at any time by emailing us at www.TradeOR.com.
This may involve cookies and other technologies to collect information about your use of the Websites and related services. This information may be used by TradeOr to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our services, and better understand your online activity in connection with the services.
Lawful basis for disclosure of your Information
We endeavor to treat your personal data as private and confidential. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, and our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries. The same duty of confidentiality and security will apply to them and all processing will be carried out under our instruction.
We would like to bring to your attention our obligations to disclose data in the following four exceptional cases permitted by law, and the other situations set out below. These are:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose
- Where disclosure is required to protect our interest
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent
Legal Basis for processing your information:
We process your personal data in the following situations:
- Once you have registered on the TradeOr website for an account,
- Performing the agreement/ contract with you – as per above policies,
- To be able to provide you with the registered service,
- For a TradeOr account, to enable you to access our platform, processing of inward and outward payments, and executing your trades.
Justifiable Grounds – including Legal and Regulatory obligation and legitimate interests:
In order for TradeOr to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, and also for other legitimate interests, your personal information is processed in conducting our business, these without limitation:
- Detecting, preventing, and reducing fraud,
- Detecting and reducing credit risk,
- In order to continually improve our Website and services, we may use your data to perform statistical analysis to help understand how people are using our services. This will assist in developing new features and services, and ensure the smooth running of our functionalities and services,
- Obtaining knowledge about your choices and interests and preferences to contact you with information that is specific to you, this assists in targeting marketing communication and advertisements for our functionalities and services so that they are more relevant and specific to you,
- Using your fictional/ fake or alias details to show you advertising for our functionalities and services on social media, such as Facebook or via other third-party advertising that may appear on other websites you access. The information shared with these platforms is also fictional to protect any personal data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties
- Between and among TradeOr and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership, and with professional advisors, vendors, consultants, and other service providers,
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets,
- If TradeOr or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Personal information may also be disclosed for the following reasons:
- requests from legal and regulatory authorities,
- legal bodies as necessary in connection with legal proceedings,
- legal or regulatory bodies for investigating or preventing criminal offences,
- our external advisors,
- third party providers (marketing, plugins used on our website),
- where we have your consent.
Third-party providers’ and third-party websites’ personal information policies
We may collect personal information about you from third-party entities when we seek to verify your identity as part of our regulatory requirements. This may include identity verification agencies similar bodies.
We may also collect information about you from third parties, when you use or connect to TradeOr by or through a third-party platform, such as Facebook or another site, you allow us to access and/or collect certain information from your Third Party Platform profile/account as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy settings with the third party platform. We will share such information with the third-party platform for their use.
We will share some of the information we collect from you on the installation of the mobile application with vendors and other service providers, who are engaged by, or working with, us in connection with the operation of the services we provide to you.
This information may also be shared with these parties for analytics purposes, which may involve the reproduction and display of your information in an aggregated and anonymized manner that will not in any way identify you.
Social Networks and sharing
If you are accessing our application through a social network, then our application will have access to your social network account (Facebook, etc…), this would include, and is not limited to, your username, picture, and public information that you have shared within that network. This would be information you have permitted to be shared according to your settings on the respective social network.
For further information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social networks and the social sharing features, kindly visit the Privacy Policies of the entities that provide these features.
The TradeOr Community is a social platform used by our traders. Once a trader becomes a member of the TradeOr Community, a trader can share their tactics and approaches to the market, together with the achievement or performance, with the rest of the TradeOr Community.
Amounts traded are never disclosed.
As a member of the TradeOr Community, traders are encouraged to share their strategies and tactics to the Community.
Information collected automatically
Through the use of our website, functionalities and services, certain information is collected automatically, and this includes the following:
Website login: we collect information when you navigate our website, functionalities and services. This will include the type of browser used, application version, pages accessed, IP address, the parts of the website you navigated during your session.
Computer, laptop, mobile phone, or other device Information: information may be collected about your computer, laptop, mobile phone, or other device you have used to access and navigate our website, functionalities or services. This includes the hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers and mobile network information,
Location: if allowed by your computer, laptop, mobile phone, or other device used to access our services, the geo-location of said device may be collected,
Information is collected by Cookies: please refer to our Cookies Policy
Financial and other actions: all actions and activities availed of within the website, functionalities and services, are collected, including financial information, deposits, withdrawals, internal transfers, trading activity etc…
The TradeOr functionalities and services, once installed and accessed by you, will constitute your acknowledgment and agreement that information, blogs, posts, and any content posted by you shall be considered non-confidential and non-propriety (excluding your personal data), and shall be displayed on the website.
Your full name, profile username, profile picture (if available), state/ country/ town you live, networks, list of users who follow you, and those who copy you, list of users you follow, and those you copy, etc…
This will also include statuses displayed on the platform, post and blogs and any other content that enables users to interact, including without limitation all content posted by you on the TradeOr Community – posts, comments, feedback, blogs, and information provided by you through our website, applications, chats, emails and telephone, or any other means.
Data processing and data control
TradeOr acts as both a data processor and a data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) with respect to handling your personal information.
TradeOr acts solely as a data processor where it facilitates orders for products and services placed through our Website.
In the following instances, TradeOr acts as a data controller:
- monitoring and improving the performance of our Website and services,
- providing you with emails and newsletters and special offers if you register with us,
- responding to an enquiry you have made, and
- preventing fraud and defending our legal rights.
We have technical and organisational security measures to protect your information. To this effect please ensure that any personal information that you relay to us is sent securely.
Any financial transactions are secured by SSL encryption to offer secure communications of sensitive data to and from the Website.
However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password confidential, as also set out in TradeOr’s Terms and Conditions.
TradeOr is not available for users under the age of 18 (or the age of legal consent for the jurisdiction the user is located in) (a “Minor”), as per our Terms and Conditions. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about Minors. If you are a Minor, you should not register, apply. download or use any of our services nor provide any personal information to us.
If we become aware that a Minor has shared any information with us, we will delete such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, please contact us at [email protected]
Personal information is up-to-date and accurate. If we become aware that there are errors in the information held, we will seek to rectify or delete as necessary.
We recommend that you update your Profile regularly, to ensure that the TradeOr systems offered to you are appropriate for your current circumstances. You further agree to update such information upon TradeOr’s request, if TradeOr considers the information provided is untrue, incorrect, incomplete and/or inconsistent with other information provided by you at any time.
You acknowledge that we may rely upon such information and that you are responsible for any damages or losses which may result from any inaccuracies, including without limitation, the inappropriateness of our Website and services to your profile. You do not have to provide the information to complete your Profile, however, if you choose not to, we may be unable to offer TradeOr’s full system and functions to you.
You have certain rights under the international data protection laws, and, also under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). The Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
You also have the right to edit and delete personal data and preferences that form part of the profile maintained by us about you at any time, including whether or not you want us to contact you about the various products and services available through our website, by sending an email to [email protected]
Your personal data will be kept for as long as we require it in order to provide you with the agreed product(s) or service(s). We will retain this data after any account or service has been closed or otherwise come to an end in line with legal and regulatory requirements. If you ask us to delete, correct or amend your personal data we will do so, taking into consideration any legal or regulatory requirements in force.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated: July 2020.